Monday, April 18, 2011

Vic and Van go redneck

So Van and I felt like a drink one night and decided that our normal bar was way too far away. Of course, there is always going to the liquor store and watching the twilight saga or sex in the city marathons, but we had done enough of that for a while. Time to get out and get the heels a'movin. So we wound up at a bar just inside the county line.

Crazy as it may seem, Van and I don't normally do the boot-scootin boogie. Not on a regular basis anyway, however......I saw the sign lit up in the window that read my hearts calling.  KARAOKE.

When Van and I finally made our way through the gravel parking lot after turning over ankles, scuffing heels and periodically jolting a look toward the gravel like IT had done something wrong, we made it to the door. We fixed our hair and contained any violent eruptions of rage that were about to pass through over the gravel and stepped inside where a rather burly mountain man was seated and taking money and I.D.'s. We handed it over and went directly to the bar lest anyone should see us and start talking.

It didnt take long before two drinks a piece were down and the necessity of my shoes wasn't quite as apparent. The music became more and more fun with every song and I was just about ready to sign my name to the karaoke sheet and sing something_anything_ by Reba. Oh, yes, times were good.

Before we knew it, we were talking to some group of people wearing cowboy hats and I ALMOST had Van completely talked into singing with me.

ME: C'mon Van, we can sing anything you want. Just get up there. It's so much fun!

VAN: Seriously, no Vic. Just........no.

ME: I'll buy your next two drinks and get cowboy hat over there to dance with me if you do.

VAN: Didin't you mean to say "dance with you"?

ME: No, I totally meant me.

VAN: Do you even know how to dance like this??

ME: Nu-uh.

VAN: Oh dear Lord, we're saying things like "nu-uh" and "Y'all".

ME: Awesome, huh?

Yeah, so Van and I had a blast. She finally got up there and sang a song with me and I danced with cowboy hat guy. Although it wasn't the guy I meant when I offered to do it, Van said that she got to choose because she was doing karoke for me so I had to make her laugh in exchange.

*reaaal funny, Van*

The night was a blast and I even tried the absolute cheapest beer in the place, and you know what? It was awful and so much fun that I'll never drink any other kind of beer. (oh and the beer was in a can.) Turns out, that was the most fun I have ever had at a bar. Van too.

And to top it off, we are considering going MUD RIDING. In the mud. Outside. Where the dirt is.
Oh yeah, it was that much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment