Van and I started this Sunday lunch (excuse to drink girly mixed drinks) that we adoringly named Liquid Lunch Sundays. SO anywho, during our LLS's we get a little schnakered and then....go shopping. That's right. We liquor ourselves up and then go make a whole buncha last second-red tagged-oh those shoes are TOO cute not to get for 89.95-totally gonna return this when I sober up*- kind of purchases.
*We DO NOT drink and drive. Our restaurant is located within the shopping center and we simply walk and shop until driving is once again ok.
So we are in the store browsing around when I spy this totally cute black and grey number. Well, Van. being the wonderfully honest friend she is tells me that it would be a great way to motivate myself to lose the weight. (A lil on the chunky side after the pregnancy.....ok,ok, and waaayyy before that, too.)
I decided she was right so I bought it. Two sizes too small. And now what do I have?? A dress that I cannot wear (yet) because in a haste I knew if I ripped the tag off I wouldn't be able to return it and therefore would force myself to do all the leg lifts-side lunges-jumping jacks. However, it seems that grey and black cotton do not yell at you like a drill sgt. from the closet. It's more like it says 'Go ahead, I'll be here when you get ready.'
*sigh*
So I called Van. What did she suggest? That's right. More LLS's and shopping so I feel better.
*I already see that this is a downward spiral but do not care*
She was right. Always is. I did feel better and found a really cute top that I could wear. Things were going great.......
*cue the super skinny gorgeous sales girl*
SALESGIRL: Can I help you find anything?
ME: Sure, do you have anything to match this top?
SALESGIRL: UM, not in that size.
VAN: Walk away, Vic. Walk away.
*Let's just say I have a history of over-reacting to stupid people.*
I gently spun around and began walking toward the shoes. Van followed while I put the top back down and revived my good spirits. Salesgirl, obviously not realizing what she had done comes prancing over to me with a match to the top.
SALESGIRL: Ma'am we have this one, but it's two sizes too small. Last one in stock AND it's on sale.
I glance slyly over at Van, who shrugs while giving me a "It's your call" look.
ME: Seriously, Van?
I know Van well enough to know that she has an opinion about everything clothes and fashion. I also know that the only time Van says nothing is when she has too much to say. I grin gleefully at her and take the item from skinnys hand and glance over it a bit.
ME: I'll take it.
VAN: Do you think this will help your goal?
SALESGIRL: Who are you getting the bottoms for if the top is yours?
VAN: Dear God.........................
No comments:
Post a Comment